1. यदि statement positive हो तो question tag negative होता है Positive statement + negative question tag
- You take tea, don’t you?
- She is beautiful, isn’t she?
- Rohit went to school, didn’t he?
- He will help me, won’t he?
- I am all right, aren’t I?
2. यदि statement negative हो तो question tag positive होता है Negative statement + Positive question tag
- You don’t take tea, do you?
- She is not beautiful, is she?
- Rohit did not go to school, did he?
- He will not help me, will he?
- I am not happy, am I?
3. यदि neither, no, not, never, none, no one, nobody nothing, few, little, hardly, rarely, scarcely, seldom का प्रमोग हो तो question tag positive होता है
- They had no friends, had they?
- No one knows this, do they?
- Nobody is allowed to come, are they?
- Nothing is perfect, is it?
- They have nothing, have they?
- Few people will come, will they?
- Neither of them helped her, did they?
- He knows little about her, does he?
4. When a few and a little is used than negative tag must be used.
- She has a little knowledge, hasn’t she?
- Only a few students will get the award, won’t they?
5. Positive or negative question tags can be used with positive request or command.
- Open the door, will you?
Open the door, won’t you?
- Please give me a pen, will you?
Please give me a pen, won’t you?
6. Positive question tag must be used with positive request or command.
- Don’t open the gate, will you?
- Don’t go there, will you?
- Don’t forget me, will you?
- Don’t try to cheat me, will you?
7. Shall we? Must be used with the sentences starting with let us or let’s.
- Let’s dance, shall we?
- Let’s go, shall we?
But, with let him/her/them/Ram/My friend….etc. “Will you” must be used as a question tag.
- Let him play, will you?
- Let them go out, will you?
8. If an imperative sentence shows angriness than “can’t you?” Must be used as a question tag.
- Use your own car, can’t you?
- Use your own mind, can’t you?
- Shut up, can’t you?